Call us at 800-781-4799 and ask for details about our quality control tool. You can also fill out the form for any inquiries and we will contact you as soon as possible.
Key Regulatory and Certification References
The Validator was developed to comply with major revisions in NIST's Special Publication 800-88: Guidelines for Media Sanitization and new standards issued by certification organizations. The revised document significantly expand the requirements for Verification and Documentation after a Hard Disk Drive (HDD) wipe and specifically mandate the deployment of a verification tool that is independent of the hardware and software.
- To read the specific text from NIST SP 800-88 and relevant certifcation organization, please visit the Erasure Verification Standards page.
- Read our White Paper: Identifying and Correcting Failures in the Media Sanitization Process by Michael Cheslock.
- Independently developed, verifies against all erasure software.
- Highly portable and lightweight.
- Minimal operator training required.
- Cannot write to connected drives.
- Solid state design.
- Self-contained - no PC required (only for reporting).
The VALIDATOR is a single-purpose device designed to verify drive erasure in a simple PASS/FAIL process. Developed jointly by DestructData, Inc. and CPR Tools, the VALIDATOR is the result of a unique combination of data erasure and forensic analysis expertise.